What is GDPR and What GDPR Compliance WordPress Plugins exactly do?
You might have these types of queries on your mind, Right? So, let’s start:
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation. It is the regulation or new law for the protection of personal data and privacy for the individual members within the European Union. This law applies to all the European citizens or residents’ weathers they have a large business or small business. If you have visitors from the European countries, then this law is applicable to you too.
In this article, we have listed the Best GDPR Compliance WordPress Plugins for WordPress users. Let’s Checkout: –
GDPR Cookie Consent
The GDPR Cookie Consent plugin by WebToffee helps comply with the GDPR law for the usage of cookies in a simple and easy way. Using the plugin you can easily add a notification informing the users of the cookies used by the website. The users can give their informed and explicit consent from this notification. Based on the user consent, the plugin helps block all the non-necessary cookies of the website until the users have given their consent.
- Automatic scan of the cookies used on the website
- Automatic script blocking until the user consent
- Show consent bar only for the EU
- Categorize cookies to give users granular control
- Maintain an audit of the consent
- Consent withdrawal
Cookiebot is a consent management platform with a powerful scanning technology that finds all cookies and trackers on your website and gives your end-users control of their own data and privacy. It is a cloud-driven solution that enables full compliance with the world’s data protection laws, like GDPR, ePR, CCPA, and more.
- Website scanner
- Auto-blocking of all cookies and trackers
- Granular, prior consent, ,and opt-out for GDPR and CCPA.
- Highly customizable cookie banner.
- Cookie declaration.
- Monthly scan reports
- Safe and encrypted storage of consents
- Annually renewed consents
WP GDPR Compliance Free WordPress Plugin
- Easy to setup
- Data eraser
- Data breach notification
- cookie popup consent
- Allow you to add a contact DPO(Data Privacy Officer)
Complianz GDPR Privacy Suite for WordPress
It is available in both a free and premium versions. The premium plan has offers the following features:-
- Optimize your Cookie Notification
- Geo IP cookie warning
- Inventory for data breaches
- Multi-language support for the cookie warning
- Respects Do Not track settings in users browsers
Ultimate GDPR Compliance Toolkit Premium WordPress Plugin
Ultimate GDPR Plugin is the all-in-one solution for your website that completely meets all the GDPR requirements. They create a dedicated box for Cookie Consent and automatically adds the consent boxes on your website. To check the currently activated plugins for GDPR compliance, this plugin integration with most popular WordPress plugins like WooCommerce, Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, Mailchimp, Events Manager, BuddyPress, Formidable Forms and more.
- Auto update functionality added to the plugin
- Improved integration with Google Analytics
- Automated data breach notification
- Pseudonymization of user data stored for extra privacy
- Added the advanced Cookies Management Panel
Total GDPR Compliance WordPress Plugin
Total GDPR Compliance Plugin comes with all EU GDPR regulations in one click to make your WordPress site compatible. The plugin includes advanced cookie control which will pull or store any kind of data on the site or block them at the macro level. In addition, Total GDPR Compliance offers Consent box for different WordPress sections, protected content via a shortcode, set up a data breach notification, and more.
Update: This Item is no longer available
Additional Features: –
- Compatible to Almost all of the European Union’s(EU) GDPR Regulations
- Consent for Default WordPress Sections & Third Party Plugins
- Fully responsive and Customization Options
- 3 Different Layouts and 30+ Cookie Templates
- Easy Interface and Shortcode Ready
WordPress GDPR Premium WordPress Plugin
- Data Breach Notifications
- Request Data Archive
- Cookie Popup
- Data Rectification
- Well Documented
- DMCA, Imprint, Media Credits and More
WP GDPR Plugin
This open source plugin supports to make your website GDPR compliant by making personal data accessible to the owner of the data. It is supposed to help a Controller, data processor, and Data Protection Officer (DPO) with efforts to satisfy the obligations and rights enacted underneath the GDPR. It is a best GDPR plugin that integrates with the most well-known plugins through add-ons such as Gravity Forms, Contact Form DB 7, WooCommerce, Flamingo, and more.
Note: This theme hasn’t been updated for 3 major releases of WordPress. It may not be maintained or supported.
- Consent management
- Pseudonymization of user website data
- Data breach notification logs and batch email notifications
- Right to access data by admin dashboard with email
- Telemetry Tracker for visualizing plugins and website data
The GDPR Framework WordPress Plugin
The GDPR Framework WordPress Plugin provides the GDPR compliance products such as ClassiDocs, Blockchain privacy, and enterprise cloud eDiscovery tools. According to the GDPR framework plugin, they generally give you general information and tools but is not meant to serve as a complete compliance package. This plugin currently integrated with Contact Form 7 & Contact Form Flamingo, Gravity Forms, Gravity Forms, and WPML.
- Track, manage and withdraw consent
- Enable DSAR on one page
- Use a helpful installation wizard
- Delete or anonymize personal data automatically
Delete Me WordPress Plugin
- Multi site and Network Activation supported
- E-mail notification when a user deletes themselves.
- Delete comments.
We hope this article helped you learn about WordPress and GDPR compliance. The best list of GDPR WordPress Compliance Plugins helped you by providing the required settings for your website.
Before ending we like to notice that we’re not a lawyer and we are not sure that your website is 100% compliance or not. To make it clear you should set up an appointment with a lawyer experienced in this field or with a GDPR consultant.
Check out our other informative articles on WordPress: